Adsense

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

World of Warcraft /Played Total - Can you beat this...?

I quit playing World of Warcraft (WoW) a while back after playing off-and-on since release. I was determined to quit for good, so I actually canceled my account, logged onto my character and sold everything of value, sent it to a good friend who played and deleted all of my characters (mainly a decently equipped 70 rogue.) This astonished many of the people I work with who play WoW, and I thought the reactions I got were truly amazing (and hilarious.) At the time of my rogue's deletion, I think he had a /played in the high 40's (days.) That's a lot of time to have played a video game, even if it was over 2.5ish years... (p.s. I know that I could have sold my account for some decent $$, but I didn't really want someone else playing my toon. Call me crazy. =) )
Back to the point of this post... I have a friend (we'll call him Bob) that I went to school with, and now work with. Bob has played WoW since it was released on November 23, 2004, and continues to play to this day. Most people I know who have played WoW at one point or another got a single character to 60 (now 70) and then mainly played that character with a few sporadic alts here and there. Not Bob...
Bob has 11 character over the level of 60. That's fairly impressive and got me thinking. Just how much time has Bob spent playing WoW since releases. I asked him to get the /played totals on each of his characters so that we could add them all up. I asked a few people around the office to venture a guess at just how much time he's played WoW. I started it off with a guess of 250 Days played.
The rest of the guesses looked something like this...
250, 215, 190, 285, 280, 260, 260, 330, 150, 331, 332 DAYS played!
By this time, the rest of the office had gathered around in awe at our guesses. How could someone play a game "that" much...?
Here is what his characters and /played values look like...
Character # Level Days Hours
1 62 8 18
2 61 8 22
3 65 8 10
4 63 14 19
5 66 17 17
6 70 24 7
7 65 30 7
8 70 24 19
9 70 38 17
10 69 19 5
11 70 62 10
Totals 252 151
Interesting Information Based on these numbers!
Total Days Played: 258.29
Total Hours Played: 6199
WoW Release Date: November, 23, 2004
Date We Did This: June, 19, 2007
Total Days/Hours in between: 938 / 22512
% of time that Bob played WoW during this time: 27.54%
That means... In a span of about 2 years and 7 months, Bob was playing WoW about %27 of the time!
All I can say is... wow. Can anyone out there post more impressive numbers...? I know you guys are out there. The uber gamers!!! Hell, you might be reading this while raiding RIGHT NOW.... We want your numbers! =) Add a comment below...!

6 comments:

Joshua Stroup said...

We total all his characters <60 and total time played was 258 days and 8 hours.

I wish I chose 251 or 257. grr.

Paul Fox said...

I actually found someone who has more time played...! and, it's quite a bit more. But don't take my word for it...! =)

Check it out HERE!

Mr. Brian Goodrich said...

Someone replied to the post on Cenarion Circle with an even higher /played.

Ghli with a grand total of 505days played.

Wow 505/~938 total days = ~53%

*whistles*

Paul Fox said...

I wonder how many people have multiple people playing their accounts though. I know a couple of families that all play on the same account. That's still a whole lotta hours. =)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

506 days on one server alone, didn't even bother with other alts on other servers, and the ones I've deleted. Yeah, I have a job, but no family. Go figure.