Adsense

Thursday, June 14, 2007

iTunes radio streaming vs Pandora...!

I've been a long-time iTunes user (ever since I stopped using winAmp religiously a few years ago...) I have a ton of MP3s, an iPod, and have been a huge fan of streaming radio feeds while at work or home and not into anything I have in my playlist. There are a ton of stations to choose from, almost any genre, style, country of origin... You name it an you can probably find it on iTunes'...

I heard about Pandora a few months ago and just barely got around to trying it out. I must say, from the second I entered my first artist into Pandora, I've loved it. It started playing one of my favorite songs by that artist immediately and the sound quality was amazing. As I started to fiddle with the site, the power of the idea hit me. Not only play the songs and artists that I suggest to you, but infer what else I might like by my choices... Why didn't they have this years ago...?

If you really like or dislike a new song that comes up, click on the up or down thumb icon and it will update your preferences and modify what comes next... Pandora starts to learn what you like by your interactions with the site. Wether you're adding new songs or artists, or just rating the new stuff they throw at you, you are helping Pandora send you just the types of music you want to hear!

I've only been using the site for one full day now, but I'm already a fan... I've only loaded up iTunes once and that was to update my iPod for a workout. =) We'll have to see if Pandora takes over my streaming audio needs, and even pulls me away from my MP3s. What better way to be introduced to new artists and songs that you might love as much as your preferred artists...

You can even create new Pandora "Stations" which you can customize to a certain type or style of music. I have one for Hard & Fast, Soft & Chill, and Techno so far and can imagine quite a few more that I would want to listen to based on my mood...

If you haven't yet, check it out. =)

1 comment:

Justin Wilson said...

Pretty cool :)