Adsense

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Apple announces new and improved MacBook Pro...!

The MacBook Pro gets a Face-Life (not that it needed one.) Apple announced that it's MacBook Pro line will be getting a boost with bigger processors, beefier graphics and more space for memory!

The new stats for the three models are...

  • A 15.4-inch version for $1,999
    • 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  • A 15.4-inch version for $2,499
    • 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  • A 17-incher for $2799
    • 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

All versions of the new MacBook Pro can support 4GB of RAM instead of just 2GB like the last generation. The newly available video card is Nvidia's GeForce 8600M GT card. The upgraded processors are Intel's latest version of the Centrino, code-named the "Santa Rosa".

I find that I'm having a really hard time NOT being able to justify buying a MacBook Pro, and this new announcement makes that decision even harder! They are sexy, powerful, and have the ability to run both Windows and Mac operating systems. What's not to love...!?!

3 comments:

BlackTigerX said...

it seems we're not gonna get a hardware upgrade in October, so are you gonna get one now?

Paul Fox said...

I'm having a hard time talking myself out of it. =) And a harder time not being able to justify it... We'll have to see if I can talk myself completely into it...

Justin Wilson said...

Dude! you should totally get one :)

I think the previous model supported 1x2gb and 1x1gb for 3gb, but not 100% sure..

I'm just happy they finally have a hi-rez lcd (1920 for the 17")
HAWT!