Adsense

Monday, September 07, 2009

Adding a 2nd blog account in Windows Live Writer in Windows 7 gets stuck on “Detecting blog icon”

I’m currently running Windows 7 and I tried to add my 2nd blog account to Windows Live Writer today. Unfortunately, Live Writer would get stuck on the “Detecting blog icon…” message when setting up the new account.

I did a bit of poking around on Google and found a couple of posts about this same issue.

This post mentions that running Live Writer as Administrator fixed the issue for them. (You can do this by right clicking on the Live Writer icon and choosing Run as administrator, btw.) Running live writer as Administrator did not work for me. I still got stuck on the “Detecting blog icon…” message,

This answer from Yahoo Answers mentions trying to close Live Writer and re-open it. Closing and Reopening Live Writer didn’t solve the problem for me. The next suggestion on this question was to reboot windows.

After rebooting Windows 7, I was able to successfully add my 2nd live writer blog account.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going to rebooting as a solution, though I'm doubtful. If it works, I'll be back to say thx;)

Paul Fox said...

I'll assume that it didn't help. Hopefully one of the other solutions I mentioned in the post will. If you do find a solution, will you shoot me a reply? Thanks.

Christina said...

Same issue...I rebooted and it worked fine.

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice place you've got here. Thanks the author for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read more on that blog soon.

Jennifer at WriteKidsBooks said...

Rebooting worked for me, too.