Adsense

Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Microsoft Outlook Web App’s Annoying Quirks

I was initially impressed with the latest Outlook Web App. It looks fairly nice and the Outlook UX isn’t horrible. I was surprised that it even worked really well on my iPad via the Chrome App. Well, at least until I tried to change my password.

Upon reaching the password reset page, I noticed that I could enter my old password, new password and new password confirmation, but there was no way to submit the form. Repeatedly spamming the iOS keyboard “GO” button did nothing and there was no visible link/button to click on the web form. How exactly should I change my password?

Outlook Web App fail2

No worries, I’ll wait until I get home and change my password on my PC… Log in from my PC, change my password and I get the following confirmation screen and message “Your password has been changed. Click OK to sign in with your new password.” Hrm, I’d love to, but where can I find this mysterious “OK” button you speak of? Perhaps I’ll just have to refresh the page…

fail

 

Definitely not huge, issues, but it really makes the entire Outlook Web App feel unpolished. Which is a shame since my initial impressions were good.

No comments: