Adsense

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Windows 10 Anniversary Edition Bash - Unsupported console settings. Error

I was super excited to get my hands on the Windows 10 Anniversary edition just for the new Bash support. Unfortunately, it wasn't working for me.

I followed the steps on getting it setup posted on howtogeek. Unfortunately, when I clicked on bash, the console would just come up and disappear in a flash. Too fast for me to read the error. Super frustrating.

By spamming bash.exe I was able to make out the following error:

Unsupported console settings. In order to use this feature the legacy console must be disabled.

Now I had something to work with! A bit of looking around and I found the solution.

Open a CMD prompt and click the icon in the upper left corner. Choose properties. Uncheck Use legacy console. Try to open bash again.


After that, I was able to continue.

Hope this helps someone. Good luck and happy coding!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks, I was looking for the solution, nobody else seems have this issue or don't know.

Fix Guider said...

A windows display can show you the contents in your monitor. Some of us are very interested in playing games, making graphics contents, watching movies, and many more.

Are you shouting out for help and saying that “Please Help! No option for 1920×1080 resolution on my laptop.” Well, I am here for you with the solution for how to get 1920x1080 resolution on 1366x768 screen windows 10. Technology is updating day by day, and you need to know the essential tech-related functions to keep pace with the flowing era.

If you are using a personal laptop and it has an 1366×768 screen, then you can’t enjoy the full HD video on that. So what to do? You need to increase the display resolution from HD to full HD.