Adsense

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Facebook changed my language setting on me - Unrequested Language Change

While I was checking my Facebook today, I ran into a strange issue. All of my menus, status updates, recent updates, requests, suggestion, and pretty much everything else changed to another language. I didn’t change any settings or update anything, i was just reading the updates on my home page. See the screenshot below.

Asian Facebook

Seeing that everything was in this new and interesting language, I couldn’t exactly get into my facebook settings and find out where to change the language back. Fortunately I found a direct link to the Facebook language settings page so that I could change it back to my native English. You can click the link below to check it out and fix this issue.

Facebook Language Settings Direct Link

Hopefully Facebook find out how my setting suddenly and randomly changed and I hope this helps someone else out if it happens to them.
~ Paul

9 comments:

Joshua Stroup said...

Nope didn't happen to me =)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

happened to me today! so strange everything suddenly became french!

Barry Kelly said...

Happened to me just now - I found your post by searching for facebook language change - it spontaneously switched to French.

(It had asked me some weeks earlier, "would you like to switch to French", and of course I said no. I guess it didn't think I was competent to make the decision...)

Lingu - Leela said...

thanks was very much helped lot...

Me said...

It changed mine over the weekend to German

Anonymous said...

The settings don't work. They're in the foreign language

Anonymous said...

Mine just switched to German - I don't read or write German so I'm not sure which choice is for language. :/

, said...

Just happened to me. So weird. Any idea what caused it? Hope our privacy isn't compromised by an external attack